Monday, December 1, 2008

My Aldi's shopping trip....



I have really been thinking about our grocery budget lately and am trying to seriously cut back. I like the idea of a $40.00 a week budget that MoneySavingMom often shares so I am going to try the same.

Here is what I got at Aldi's tonight....

3 loaves of split top wheat bread $.60 a piece
3 loaves of 100% wheat bread $.85 a piece
2 packages of hot dog buns $.45 a piece
2 packages of hamburger buns $.45 a piece
2 packages of organic chips $1.69 a piece
1 package all beef hot dogs $1.19
2% milk $3.35
3 packages of pork chops less than $4.00 a piece
3 packages of hamburger less than $4.00 a piece
Candy canes $1.49

Grand total $39.46

I will freeze all the bread and get several meals out of the pork chops and hamburgers. Mike killed a nice deer last week so that will really help with the meat budget.

How are you doing? Have you got any great deals lately?

2 comments:

Our Family said...

How is the meat there? Have you purchased meat from Aldi's before? ~Kim

Kristi said...

The meat there is fresh. I have never had any problems with it. They don't have a huge selection but that's ok.